After ten days of sobriety and counseling with Frasier, Sam regains his stability. Diane informs Sam that she and Frasier are dating, smashing his hopes of reunited. Diane refuses to be a waitress at Cheers again (much to Sam and Frasier's relief). Coach tells Diane that her refusal would cause Sam to relapse; he tells Sam it would make Diane go crazy again, and tells Frasier that it would make Sam and Diane yearn for each other. Diane reluctantly accepts Sam's offer, and they promise to resist each other.
- Shelley Long as Diane Chambers
- Ted Danson as Sam Malone
- Nicholas Colasanto as "Coach" Ernie Pantusso
- Rhea Perlman as Carla Tortelli
- John Ratzenberger as Cliff Clavin
- George Wendt as Norm Peterson
Recurring / Guest Stars:
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Larry Harpel as Larry (credited as "Customer 1")
- Brian Burt as Customer #2
- P.J. Soles as Julie
- Ethel Sway as Croquet Player
Coachcloses up the bar as Cliff and Norm discuss going out to eat. Norm starts by saying that he has a wife to go home to but Cliff says hey could go and pick her up. Norm doesn't want to because he's a bit embarrassed by both Vera and Cliff.